The current situation
There is little to suggest that Covid 19 is going to leave us alone anytime soon. While we will be able to dispense with the need to book, the rule of 6, mask wearing in close contact situations and keeping weekly records for track trace purposes: it seems wise to keep some preventive measures in place. Of course, all of us should remain aware that playing any kind of indoor sports does come with increased associated risks.
We are currently operating under the provisions of step 4 of the Coronavirus Guidance which sees the lifting of all legal restrictions. But importantly, Step 4 still requires us to take a risk assessed approach to protecting those affected by our activities (players, visitors and other club members) from Covid 19. In other words, maintaining some previously established measures seems sensible. As the situation is subject to change the official guidance will no doubt evolve over time so, we will remain alive to any suggested advice.
We would like to keep the following measures in place:
- Racket touches to replace handshakes at the end of each club or match
- We would ask everyone to maintain good hand hygiene. The club will continue to provide hand santiser on club nights and matches. Please feel free to bring your own too.
- We politely request everyone to maintain a respectful distance. Please also follow the wishes of anyone at club who is not quite ready to have someone sat directly next them on the benches provided in the hall.
- Please bring your own equipment, food and drinks and avoid sharing these items with others
Covid 19 remains a deadly virus so before every club or match please:
Be aware of the COVID-19 symptoms and the need to self-assess before attending club or playing in a match.
The key COVID 19 symptoms are:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, your sense of smell
In addition to these symptoms the more infectious Delta Variant presents itself much like a common cold so please also be aware of the following symptoms:
The key Delta Variant symptoms can also include:
- A runny nose
- A sore throat
- A headache
So, if you, your family, friends or any work colleagues report having any of these symptoms or are awaiting the results of a PCR test PLEASE DO NOT come to club or play in a match. If you have any off these symptoms, please follow the NHS guidance on testing and self-isolation.
If you have been informed of the need to self-isolate, please do not leave your isolation location to come to club or play in matches.